Monday, March 27, 2006

A one-person cat? Nay...

Looking at the lukewarm state of things between Jackie and the SO (significant other, aka uncle S), which in Jackie's viewpoint means "you go your way, I siam (avoid) your way", I'd almost thought that perhaps she is one of those so-called one-person cat. When it comes to me, her transformation is akin to that of Mr Hyde to Dr Jekyll, minus the aggression and violence, of course. She would snuggle and cozy up with me, and be all manja and affectionate. So I'd thought that perhaps she would only be nice to one person and that was it.

Luckily, by insisting that uncle S serve her some meals and gently play with her, Jackie's attitude towards the SO has improved for the better. She's rubbing his ankles and willing to share the same space with him, instead of hiding herself under any available piece of furniture (preferably in the next room). She had even allowed the SO to carry her at times without panicking and trying to escape.

Well, well, well, there is hope, certainly, and all was well, I thought. That is, until the SO started to play rough with Jackie before leaving for work this morning. That silly act scared Jackie so much that she's gone into hiding again, and even refused to come to me then. Sigh...

I don't know what is it with some men, but I find it soooo annoying when adult men momentarily lose their good sense and do something that is so illogical to me that it's downright silly (sure, they think it's fun), just to jeopardise what's been painstakingly built up. I just don't get it. :-?

4 comments:

san said...

Wahh..very difficult man. But I'm sure jackie would forgive you both and come out again once you go on enticing her.

auntie p said...

Oh, I'm sure Jackie will come to me when I get home (she's more friendly to women, for some reason), but I don't think she's going to like the SO, so things are back to square one with him.

Cat said...

If it makes you feel better, Beauty used to dislike men & children too.

When I first adopted her, Phyllis was very clear about this. That I should be extra careful.

It took almost a year but now, she's ok with men (the neighbours & friends who drop by) but not the children. I don't blame her. I don't like them too :)

auntie p said...

Haha...I can understand your dislike for children, seeing what kind of brats some of them are.

And yes, it does make me feel a little better. Thanks. :)