Thursday, July 06, 2006

Happy for Sugar

I'm glad that Sugar has recovered from cat flu. I took him to the vet for a "re-check" on Tuesday, and he was cleared by the vet - no more chest congestion, good appetite and looking well.

We have been leaving Sugar outdoors in his usual community for the past few nights, so that we could catch up on some much-needed good nights' sleep without the usual night-time meowing and disturbances. However, we still have to continue his antibiotics and medication (one of which had to be given to Sugar in the morning), so I've had to do some "cat-napping" in the wee hours of the morning to take Sugar home for his medication.

I would wake up at just before 6am, brush my teeth, then quickly go downstairs to search for Sugar. Sometimes, it took me quite a while to find him, as I had to hunt around several blocks of flats, and then finally found him - at the starting point where I had began my search. :-?

I would carry Sugar (all 6+ kilos), dash into the lift and hope that I wouldn't meet any suspicious/curious neighbours, so it was all kind of hush hush. As it all happened before daybreak, I felt somewhat like a cat-smuggler!

Last night, Sugar stayed with us overnight. I decided to leave the door of the "cat room" open, since he doesn't like being locked up, and hoped that Sugar would not jump into our bed or make too much noise during his nocturnal activities. Fortunately, he was well-behaved, and his meowing was minimal.

Sugar has become so used to following me home that he's starting to hang around our lift lobby. I guess, in no time, he will become a regular feature at our home. Would that make him our part-time pet cat? :)

6 comments:

Hot(M)BC said...

Yay! We's glad to hears that Sugar's got over the flu sicky thing.

~~ Sanjee

cat_aunty said...

Yes, just like Hat. I think Sugar had been a house cat before, so he also enjoys the comfort of home. BTW why you must be so hush hush about bringing Sugar upstairs for med?

Victor Tabbycat said...

I fink it's nice fur Sugar to live wif you at least part time. He likes you an trusts you.

KXBC said...

Full time better, hehe. The night time meowing will stop soon as long as you do not react to it.

Last time, my Kim Kim used to do that too beside the water dish and when her throat was parched from the continuously meowing, she would drink then continue meowing loudly.

We ignored her and she stopped in a week or two.

Anonymous said...

Great to hear abt Sugar's progress and that he's now got part time PR status at yr home! :)

Just hope he doesn't attract too much attention to himself hanging near the lift or someone may complain...

auntie p said...

Thanks for all your interest and concern for Sugar. He's now back to roaming the community and "protecting" us (the residents) from intruding newbie cats. *sigh*

Cat aunty: Oh yes, you definitely have several part-time cats! I was hush hush just to keep a low profile, coz there are a few residents here who don't like cats.

kxbc: Kim Kim sounds amusing. I wonder why they meow like that?

Anonymous: I'm glad that the majority of the residents don't seemed to be bothered by the cats. What I'm afraid of is Sugar bullying a Tortie cat who usually hang around my block, as Sugar can be quite territorial.