Thursday, March 09, 2006

Akan datang...coming soon...

If everything goes well, I expect to have the next foster cat in my home soon. I shall have to get ready some cat supplies like extra scratching post and perhaps a soft cat bed for the gal. Ever since I've re-organised the spare "cat" room, I now sleep in it sometimes, which means the next cat may have to sleep on a lower pull-out bed which can get a bit drafty at night, so the cat bed plus blankets will be useful to keep her warm.

Any suggestion of names for a mid-size grey tabby gal? :)

On a sad note, the cleaning lady from downstairs informed me that Dino, the ginger community cat died suddenly, in her lap. There seemed to be no known symptoms of illness, so she really doesn't know what had killed him. The lady is inconsolably sad, as Dino was her favourite fur kid. As Dino often gets grease onto the back of his neck, the lady would regularly wash Dino and wipe his face with a wet towel. Dino relished the attention showered on him and would thumped at other cats that tried to steal his special moments with the lady.

That's the thing with these community cats. Anything could have killed them. They could have swallowed anything - bleach/detergent left on the void deck floors which they could lick from their paws, other stuff they dig out from the ground, or worse, they could have been poisoned by cat-haters. So, we will never really know what killed them.

Will post a picture of Dino later. Among the community cats that I know of, he is the fourth one to have passed away since I moved into the estate. I just hope that with the love and affection he'd received from us, Dino will be reborn into a better next life.

No comments: