Friday, June 13, 2008

My favourite Garfield

I've had a few Garfields in my life so far, including one which a very sweet temp staff had given to me as a farewell present when I left one workplace. That one left a mark on me because he's just a young temp staff with no regular income and yet he bought me such a large stuffed Garfield toy which had this motto pasted in front: "Overworked and Underpaid"! That about said it all re my employment there. :P

I kept that stuffed Garfield toy for more than 10 years and might have had it removed this year during spring cleaning as it was collecting too much dust. Anyhow, this is currently my favourite Garfield --> Gym-Garfield!! Yayy!!

Gym-Garfield is now staying at Chinky's home as a guest, and is still up for adoption. He gets along well with the other resident cats. Chinky has kindly granted me permission to post his photos here. :)

Here's Gym-Garfield watching a tv programme, which is... what else, but Garfield of course!


And below is the super irresistible shot which amuses me and the SO no end everytime we look at it, and I would like to quote Chinky's thought-provoking title for this post:

Does the direction of where we point our feet/paws determine our experience in life?


Gym-Garfield is a ginger cat, a boy cat and such a sweet darling... *Sigh...* all the qualities of my dream cat. I have blackmailed Coco that she had better behave, or I'll threaten to swop her for Gym-Garfield if she gets too bratty for her own good! Haha!

Here's another shot of the photogenic boy, enthralled by the lamp.


Someone, quick! Grab this docile sweetie boy and take him home! ;)

(Photos: Courtesy of Chinky)

8 comments:

cat_aunty said...

Oh wow......he is so adorable!!!!

Maybe Chinky can take him in as a permanent housemaid? Since he gets along well with Chinky's bean too......

EJ. said...

Ahem....Gentle Gym Garfield makes a good playmate for Coco.

Fresh Fry aka 福星 said...

coco will most likely bully him.....

kuro.shiro.neko said...

he looks like such a sweet boy!

MightyMouse said...

That is a very nice photo of Gym-Garfield looking under the lamp.

Ginger + Sweet + Male = a tempting "package" indeed BUT my hands are already full, having to serve that three very demanding rascals at home (ha ha!)

Anonymous said...

Love this blog! The lamp picture is absolutely precious.

Singapore Community Cat said...

Will deliver Garfield to the doorstep if he is deemed good enough for Coco :)

coco maomao said...

*GRRrrr... HISSss!!**

*SULK~~~!*