Friday, September 22, 2006

The dog that almost got killed

This is what happened to the pet dog that was to be surrendered to the SPCA by its owner, which I blog about exactly a month ago.

Knowing that the dog would most likely be put to sleep, the dog owner's father could not bear to send the dog to the SPCA, and managed to find a friend who owns a factory to take in the dog. The friend already has 2 dogs at the factory, so let's hope that the lucky rehomed dog can get along with them.



While I was thankful that the dog need not have to suffer the consequence of his owner's earlier decision, I could not retract what I'd felt about my friend the dog owner, for wanting to send the dog to the SPCA. I feel that he could have tried harder to rehabilitate the dog, or send him for obedience training, without first resorting to the SPCA route.

The damage had been done, and I don't think I can dis-associate him from the "pet killer" tag that he had unwittingly put upon himself.

Some things just cannot be reversed, no matter how much damage-control is being done.

1 comment:

san said...

I am glad the doggie has found some place else and I hope he is happy with 2 other dogs to play with and has not become another statistic.